Well it’s definitely been a minute since I last posted a recipe of my own, recipe testing can be so time consuming and difficult but super rewarding in the end! Fall baking and cooking is such a fun time with all of the warm spices and drinks. This one took more than once to get the texture down but its a denser loaf generally from the pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin has so many benefits, its packed with vitamin A, promotes healthy eyesight, supports our immune system as well as supports our skin and heart health. Its got great creamy texture too so it works in so many recipes aside from the well known ones.
Vegan Pumpkin Loaf
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 60 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Dash of ginger powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, measured when soft
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- Walnuts, pumkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix dry ingredients together well
- Melt coconut oil completely, mix wet ingredients together (Mix the brown sugar in with these ingredients instead of the dry)
- Add wet ingredients into the dry, blend together using a spatula, trying not to over mix too much. It should be thick but not crumbly, if it seems dry, add more milk.
- Add in desired amount of walnuts, mix in
- Pour batter into a well greased loaf pan, top with more walnuts as well as pumpkin seeds and a sprinkle of cinnamon,
- Bake for 50-60 mins or until cooked through. Test with a fork, however this is a fairly dense loaf so you may have a little batter left on the fork after pulling it out even if its done.
- Let cool before removing from pan.