After binge watching Cheap Lazy Vegan’s youtube and being inspired to try her recipes and ideas, I came across her lentil patties and gave them a go myself. SO delicious, I had try out playing around and adding a few of my own touches. So yes the recipe is inspired by Rose Lee and I added few of my own ideas that I would say turned out really successfully. Here is my take, enjoy!
Black Bean Lentil Patties
Prep Time: 5-10 mins (After lentils and beans are prepped)
Cook Time: 10 Mins
- 3/4 Cups Black beans (I used canned)
- 1 Cup of Lentils (I cooked my own but canned works too)
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Tsp soy sauce
- 2 -3 Tbsp whole wheat flour (Or regular but I like the grain texture in whole wheat best!)
- 4 Tbsp Corn
- A third – half of an onion, diced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- Sprinkle of chilli and cumin Spice
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tbsp bread crumbs (Optional)
- Mash beans and lentils – the more mashed the less crumbly!
- Add in the ketchup, soy sauce and flour, mix/ mash in
- Add all other ingredients until evenly mixed
- Add more flour if the mixture doesn’t seem stiff enough. I started with 2 tbsp and ended up adding around another tbsp
- Form into a patty shape (Be gentle but pack together well!)
- Pan fry for 5 minutes on each side or until each side is a dark golden brown- don’t over cook or they’ll be dry!
- Serve on a bun or in a salad or alone! However you please