I was making my packed lunch this morning and wanted another addition to my list of easy packable lunch ideas. This worked out perfectly because its fast and sits well. The longer the dressing can soak into the cucumbers and carrots the better! Edamame are one of my favourite salad ingredients with a whopping 17g of protein per 1 cooked cup. I buy shelled edamame, frozen, from the grocery store in a bag and its affordable as well as long lasting. Its super simple to grab and add to your favourite dishes.
I love spiralizing veggies to make dished a little more exciting and easier to eat. Heres a link to an affordable, simple one: https://www.amazon.com/Spiral-Vegetable-Slicer-Cleaning-Zucchini/dp/B00GHA3S4C/ref=sr_1_11?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1505862798&sr=1-11&keywords=spiralizer
If you don’t own a spiralizer this recipe can also just have the cucumbers and carrots diced and would work just as well!
Taking only around 10 minutes to make, I hope you enjoy this satisfying recipe and add it to your own lunches!
(Veggie amounts depending on how much you want)
- Cucumber (I used 3/4 of one)
- Carrot (I used one small/medium carrot)
- Edamame (I used roughly 3/4 of a cup
- Regular or black sesame seeds (Amount depending on preference)
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 clove of garlic, minced,
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar (Or regular/red wine vinegar)
- Drop or two of sesame oil
- Spiralize or dice veggies, put in a bowl
- In a blender, add all dressing ingredients
- Lightly blend to crush up garlic further and mix ingredients
- Add to salad
- Sprinkle in sesame seeds and mix all together
- If you are meal prepping, add a little lemon juice if available as a natural preserver.