Wanted to go back to the basics with a simple recipe thats super affordable and a great side dish. When I first thought to add fries to my dinner I pictured thin homemade fries but in the end they turned out as bigger pieces and it ended up working in my favour. They went great with dinner as a side and everyone really enjoyed the slightly larger size. However, this recipe would work just as well for thinly sliced potatoes, the cook time would just be less!
If you’re looking for a quick appetizer or side to go with almost any meal, try these quick, minimal prep fries!
Time: 7-10 mins prep time + 25 mins bake time
- 3 medium russet potatoes (The ones that get used as baked potatoes)
- Salt, pepper
- Chilli powder, garlic powder, cumin spice
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Start by turning your oven on and preheating to 425 degrees
- Peel the potatoes, then cut medium thickness slices
- Cut the slices into roughly 4 long fry-shape pieces
- In a large bowl, add the slices along with the oil and spices
- Shake the bowl around until all pieces are covered with the oil and spice, start with less oil and add more as needed.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until you can pierce with a fork *Time will depend on the size of your slices!*
- For the last 2-3 mins, turn oven to ‘broil’ and let the slices crisp up! Watch careful though – broil works fast!
Serve with a little more salt and wither condiments you prefer. Enjoy this simply real recipe!