In the midst of working on new recipes and posts I ended up coming up with this salsa that was originally meant for another recipe but it was too good not to share on it’s own. Little sweet but underlying spice and tartness give it the perfect kick for dipping! As always I wanted to keep it simple and quick so if you’re looking for a last minute party addition or movie snack this delicious fresh recipe is the perfect fit!
For a party or larger group I recommend doubling or tripling this recipe, its addicting and won’t last long!
- 1-2 full tomatoes
- 3/4 C diced papaya
- Diced parsley or cilantro or both, amount depending on preference
- 1/2 clove minced garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cumin, pepper & chilli powder for spices, amount depending on preference
- 2 Tbsp Minced Onion
- Chop all ingredients
- Add your tomato to a food processor or blender and pulse until you get it to what you prefer, super smooth salsa or a more chunky texture. I preferred a more chunky texture for this recipe!
- Add tomatoes and the rest of ingredients into a jar that has a lid and stir until everything is mixed.
- Serve with chips and enjoy! Add more of whatever you need after everything is mixed, I added more chilli for extra flavour! The papaya really cools the heat down and balances everything out. For more sweetness try adding mango as well!