I’ve been slightly absent lately due to school and work but thankfully a long Easter weekend is ahead of us! These two bite brownies are a great party favour for all the guests to grab and feel guilt free.
I had originally planned for these to be slightly drier than they are but as always with trying to come up with a recipe for the first time, they always go a different way. This resulted instead in some soft, dense brownies. Perfect if you’re not a huge fan of brownies that are too “cakey”.
I made these pretty simple but have included some additional add ins if you’re feeling a little bit adventurous or need some extra crunch.
- 1 chia or flax seed egg (3 tbsp water with 1 tbsp seed, let sit for 10 mins)
- 1/2 ripe smashed avocado
- 1/2C dairy free milk + another 1/4 cup I added in while blending
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/4C maple syrup
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4C unbleached flour (Sub gluten free flour if desired)
- 1/2C Coco powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4tsp baking powder
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
Optional add ins: 1/2C nut of your choice, 1/2tbsp of peanut butter added on the top once the brownies are in the pan, 1/2C goji berries or any dried fruit
- Mix dry ingredients together first in one bowl
- Mix wet ingredients into a separate bowl, add the coconut oil and chia or flax egg last.
- Add both bowls into large mixer bowl and beat on medium.
- Mix until there are no avocado chunks and everything is mixed well.
- Add chocolate chips and mix for a few seconds more
- Add mixture to a 24 mini cupcake tray
- Cook at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. They may seem raw in the middle by the end but its mostly the melted chocolate chips.
- Let cool before eating or removing.
I was able to make 24 mini brownies, spray your pan well!
Serve & Enjoy! Happy Easter!