Chia seeds are a great source of calcium, protein and carbs so they’re a great option since they don’t have a taste and can almost get added to any meal or recipe.
They need time to sit to become thick in the raspberries so make sure to make these the morning before the night you need them or let them sit over night before serving!
Also, this only made me four shot glasses worth of raspberry puree. If your are making this for a party or group i would suggest doubling or tripling the measurements.
For the puree:
1 small carton of raspberries
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp chia seeds
Dash of cinnamon
3 tbsp water
2 drops of vanilla extract
Cookie for the ‘Grave stone’
For the vegan icing:
Any plant based milk (Only a few drops at a time)
Drop of vanilla extract
Red food colouring
- Take your raspberries, water and maple syrup and mash everything together with a fork.
- Add to small pot and cook on medium.
- Add your cinnamon and vanilla and cook for 10 minutes
- Pour puree into a bowl and add chia seeds- make sure to stir them completely into all of the puree!
- Pour into serving cups or glasses and set aside for the day or overnight.
- When the puree is more solid from the seeds, add your ‘dirt’ topping
- I made my icing and put it in a bag with a tiny slit at the corner so I could pipe the letters. For the icing- add drops of liquid into the powder until it is thick enough to write with.
- Add RIP (Or any saying) to the cookie grave
I got this cute, easy pumpkin snack from The natural nurtruer and think they’re a great idea.
Serve and Enjoy!
Wishing you all a safe and happy Halloween